Governing Body's Aims
The Governing Body are to serve its community by providing an education of the highest quality within the Christian belief and practice.
Governing Body’s Vision, Values and Responsibilities
“Be courageous; Be strong; Do everything in love” 1 Corinthians 16 v13-14
We are a loving community of courageous learners, building resilience and hope for the future based on our caring Christian foundation.
The Governing Body seeks to work with and support the school and its leaders in delivering its vision for an excellent all-round educational experience and aspirational outcomes for our children.
The school’s Christian ethos and values underpin our whole school environment and we aspire to ensure that all children, families and the wider community are welcomed into, and contribute fully, to the Grazeley family.
Our responsibilities are to safeguard the management of the school and to support and challenge the staff to educate, inspire and enrich every one of our children.
We achieve this by:
- Ensuring that the school lives by its Vision and Values.
- Making sure that all of our children benefit from the highest quality of teaching and learning and that this is provided by a team of teaching and support staff who are passionate about learning and are experts in their field.
- Maintaining the Christian ethos of the school and its focus on Christian values to enable pupils to grow and develop into courageous learners in a loving, caring community.
- Ensuring appropriate support for all groups of children, including vulnerable and disadvantaged learners and children with special educational and/or medical needs in order that they are provided with an environment and teaching that allows them to achieve to their full potential.
- Challenging and supporting the school to deliver pupil attainment that fulfils it’s aspiration of being a “centre of excellence”.
- Ensuring that the school is financially sound and making the best use of its income in ways that have a positive impact on pupil’s learning, attainment and experience of the school.
- Evaluating and constructively challenging the school’s effectiveness and benchmarking performance against other schools, locally and nationally.
- Helping to create and maintain a school community where all children, parents, carers, staff and visitors feel welcome and valued.
- Ensuring that all stakeholders have the opportunity to contribute to the development of the school and the quality of the education that it provides, through sharing ideas, developments, achievements, celebrations, needs and concerns.
- Ensuring that staff wellbeing is protected and supported.
- Working together with Senior Leaders to set the school’s strategic aspirations and involving each other in strategic decisions, aiming for transparency in all that we do.
- Recognising the leadership of the headteacher and senior leaders, keeping the operational involvement of governors to a minimum.
Agreed by Grazeley governors – 28 May 2021